Venice is the County Seat of Veneto.
The municipality of Venice includes both island and mainland territories and it is articulated around the two main centres of Venice (in the centre of the lagoon of the same name) and Mestre (in the mainland).
The city of Venice has been for more than a millennium the capital of the Venetian Republic. At that time, it was called the Serenissima, the Dominant and the Queen of the Adriatic.
Venice is famous for its beautiful palaces and its artistic heritage.
This amazing city is universally considered one of the most beautiful cities in the world and it has been declared, along with its lagoon, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
In Venice there are so many beautiful things to see and to do! Here you will find a list with our suggestions. Have a nice holiday!
- Piazza San Marco
- Basilica di San Marco (Saint Mark’s Basilica)
- Clock Tower
- Doge’s Palace (St.Mark’s Square Museums)
- Museo Correr (St.Mark’s Square Museums)
- Archaeological Museum (St.Mark’s Square Museums)
- Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Marciana (St.Mark’s Square Museums)
- Ponte di Rialto
- Ponte dei Sospiri
- Carlo Goldoni’s House
- Ca’ Pesaro – International Gallery of Modern Art and Oriental Art Museum
- Natural History Museum
- Fortuny Museum
- Naval Historical Museum of the Italian Navy
- Querini Stampalia Foundation onlus
- Jewish Museum of Venice
- Prada Foundation
- Peggy Guggenheim Collection
- Punta della Dogana e Basilica della Salute
- Palazzo Grassi
- Accademia Galleries
- Cà Rezzonico – 18th century Venice Museum
- Scala Contarini del Bovolo
- Biennale di Venezia
- Ca’ Foscari – Venice University
- Basilica of S.ta Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
- Church of Santa Maria Formosa
- Church of the Santissimo Redentore
- Venetian Ghetto
- Synagogues of Venice
- Jewish cemetery
- Bike tour in Lido
- Bike ride from Padua to Venice
- Find out and book OTHER CUSTOMIZED EXPERIENCES in Venice
- CALENDAR: what’s happening next in Venice?
- La Biennale di Venezia
- Carnival of Venice
- The Flight of the Angel
- Festa del Redentore
- Regata Storica
- Feast of St. Mark
- Feast day of Madonna della Salute
Food and wine